More and more people are embracing bicycling lately with pleasant summer weather and a growing number of bicycle facilities being implemented. Of course, with increased bicycling comes the need for safe, secure bicycle parking.
Recently the LADOT Bike Program has been busily marking locations for requested bike rack installation throughout the city. Let’s take a look at some of the neighborhoods we’ve been visiting lately:
- Out in the valley about a dozen bike racks have been marked along Sherman Way. Some of the bike rack requests being fulfilled are at: Taco y Cemitas Puebla, Hot Nail Salon, Musica Latina, and WSS Shoes.
- A handful of requests brought the LADOT Bike Program to Cypress Ave. Among the businesses to get bike racks along this corridor are: Uno Market, Guadalajara Bakery, Cypress Liquior, and Nore’s Beauty Salon.
- The most recent neighborhood the Bike Program visited, where sufficient requests allowed about 40 bike racks to be marked for installation. Destinations like the Eagle Rock Library, Dave’s Chillin’ and Grillin’, and All Star Lanes Bowling will see new bike parking soon.
- Home of Los Angeles’ first bike corral, more bike racks have been marked for installation along York Blvd. Businesses soon to receive bike parking include: Mariscos, Hair Zone Barber Shop, The York, and Villa Sombrero.
- Plenty of destinations along Motor Ave. have been marked: Computech, Mama’s Original Pizza & Pasta, Iman Cultural Center, and The Garage will be graced with bike racks in the near future.
- The Silver Lake area will see more bike racks, particularly on Rowena Ave. and Hyperion Ave : Blair’s Restaurant, Camelot Kids, Silvertake Neighborhood Kitchen
Help Us Provide Parking Where You Need It
Does your part of the city need more bike racks? Did we miss locations on our recent visits? Fill out a bike rack request form or tell us in the comments if you know areas that need bike parking.