What are Bike Corrals?
A Bike Corral is an on-street bicycle parking facility that can accommodate many more bicycles than a typical sidewalk rack. Bike corrals typically take up an existing single-vehicle parking space and replace it with up to eight bicycle racks – enough space for 16 bicycles! These facilities make more efficient use of a vehicle parking lane in areas with high cycling demands. They are especially useful in areas with narrow sidewalks where it would be impractical to install a sidewalk rack.
Bike Corral’s also have the added benefit of providing a constant buffer between the sidewalk and on-street traffic, while simultaneously improving sight lines for drivers, and creating greater visibility for local businesses within their vicinity. If you are the owner of a local business who would be interested in having a Bike Corral outside your establishment, please fill out this form and we will be in contact with you shortly.
City of Los Angeles Existing On-Street Bike Corral Location(s):
Past LADOT Bike Blog Posts on Bike Corrals
- Connect with LADOT Bike Corrals on Foursquare
- Bike Corral information document
- Sunset Triangle Bike Corral
- Bike corral pilot expansion
- LA’s First Bike Corral Now Officially Open for Business
- Progress, thy name is “Bike Corral”
- Busy Week: Bike Shops and Bike Corral Grand Opening
- Back from the Dead: Bike Corral on York Boulevard
This page has the following sub pages.