What are Bicycle Corrals?
Bicycle Corrals are part of LADOT’s toolkit to achieve Great Streets for Los Angeles. A Bicycle Corral is an on-street bicycle parking facility that can accommodate many more bicycles than a typical sidewalk rack. They are especially useful in areas with narrow sidewalks or areas heavily trafficked by pedestrians, where it would be impractical or obstructive to install a sidewalk rack. The City of Los Angeles has a pilot Bicycle Corral program, administered by the LADOT Bike Program. Currently LADOT is conducting a pilot Bicycle Corral program of 12 custom Dero Cyclestall Corrals. The LADOT Cyclestall Corrals replace one auto parking space and are installed in the vehicular right-of-way along the curb. Corrals typically occupy 20 feet (an area equivalent to a single-vehicle parking space) with enough space for up to 14 people on bicycles!
Bicycle Corrals also have the added benefit of providing a constant buffer between the sidewalk and on-street traffic, while simultaneously improving sight lines for drivers, and creating greater visibility for local businesses within their vicinity. If you are the owner of a local business who would be interested in having a Bicycle Corral outside your establishment, please take a look at the Bicycle Corral Information and Application:
Still have questions? Check out our FAQ page.
Existing On-Street Bicycle Corral Locations:
Highland Park -York Boulevard
Silver Lake – Sunset Triangle Plaza
Atwater Village – Glendale Boulevard
- Dero Cycle Stall (6 Racks) – Glendale Boulevard and Madera Avenue, Kaldi Coffee
Venice – Abbot Kinney Boulevard
- Dero Cycle Stall (6 Racks) – Abbot Kinney Boulevard at Milwood, Gjelina Take Away
- Dero Cycle Stall (6 Racks) – Abbot Kinney Boulevard at San Juan
Cypress Park – North Figueroa Street
- Dero Cycle Stall (6 Racks) – North Figueroa Street at Loreto Street, Antigua Coffee House
North Hollywood – Lankershim Boulevard
- Dero Cycle Stall (6 Racks) – Lankshim Boulevard at Magnolia Boulevard, Laemmle Theater NOHO 7
Arts District – Willow Street
- Dero Cycle Stall (6 Racks) – Willow Street at Mateo, Blue Bottle Coffee
Larchmont Village – Larchmont Boulevard
- Dero Cycle Stall (6 Racks) – Larchmont Boulevard south of Beverly, Larchmont Village Wine, Spirits & Cheese
Eagle Rock – Colorado Boulevard
- Dero Cycle Stall (6 Racks) – Colorado Boulevard and Caspar, Core Club LA
Past LADOT Bike Blog Posts on Bike Corrals
- Modernizing Pilots, Arts District Corral Open for Business
- New Corrals Hit North Figueroa and Lankershim
- More Bicycle Corrals Roll Out
- Atwater Bicycle Corral Open for Business
- Coming Soon: More Bike Corrals!
- Connect with LADOT Bike Corrals on Foursquare
- Bike Corral information document
- Sunset Triangle Bike Corral
- Bike corral pilot expansion
- LA’s First Bike Corral Now Officially Open for Business
- Progress, thy name is “Bike Corral”
- Busy Week: Bike Shops and Bike Corral Grand Opening
- Back from the Dead: Bike Corral on York Boulevard
This page has the following sub pages.