Update: Kick off event media location has changed to the USC Galen Center. Also, added map for the Expo/Mid-City Bike Ride on Wed. May 16th. The ride will start at 8:00 AM at the Expo Park/USC Expo Line Station.
It’s that time of year again! The 18th annual Bike Week L.A. will take place May 14 – 18. It’s a great opportunity to “show your pedal power” and to attend some fun bike events throughout the greater Los Angeles area. This year, we have a lot of great stuff to look forward to, including a kick off ceremony at the newly opened USC/Expo Park Expo Line Station, along with our usual favorites like the Good Samaritan Hospital’s Blessing of the Bicycles, and Bike to Work Day festivities including free rides, pit stops, and more! Follow us below the fold for a complete list of planned Bike Week festivities.
Bike Week LA 2012 Events
- Monday, May 14 – Kick-off Event at
Expo Park/USC Station, USC Galen Center 10 am
- Tuesday, May 15 – 9th Annual Blessing of the Bicycles at Good Samaritan Hospital, 8 am
- Wednesday, May 16 – Expo/Mid-City Bike Ride starts at Expo Park/USC Station, 8 am
- Thursday, May 17 Bike to Work Day - Free rides, pit stops and more!
- Friday, May 18 Bike to School Day - Support your local school!
Notice: L.A. River Fun Run Bike Path Closure
Also, just a reminder that the L.A. River Fun Run will be taking place this Sunday, May 6th. The route will take runners (and walkers!) along the banks of the river, in celebration of its beauty. Cyclists should note the closure of the Los Angeles River bike path from 4:00 AM until 11:00 AM on May 6th from Los Feliz Boulevard to Marsh Park. For more information visit L.A. River Fun Run.