What are Bicycle Corrals?
Bicycle Corrals are part of LADOT’s People St toolkit to achieve Great Streets for Los Angeles. Bicycle Corrals are an on-street bicycle parking facility that can accommodate up to 16 bicycles in the same area as a single vehicle parking space. They work best where sidewalks are too narrow to accommodate bicycle racks and in areas with both high levels of people bicycling and demand for bicycle parking. When placed near street corners, a Corral also increases visibility and creates an additional buffer between people walking and people driving.
Bicycle Corrals also have the added benefit of providing a constant buffer between the sidewalk and on-street traffic, while simultaneously improving sight lines for drivers, and creating greater visibility for local businesses within their vicinity. If you are the owner of a local business who would be interested in having a Bicycle Corral outside your establishment, please take a look at the Bicycle Corral Information and Application.
- Dero Cycle Stall (6 Racks) – Glendale Boulevard and Madera Avenue, Kaldi Coffee
- Dero Cycle Stall (6 Racks) – Abbot Kinney Boulevard at Milwood, Gjelina Take Away
- Dero Cycle Stall (6 Racks) – Abbot Kinney Boulevard at San Juan
- Dero Cycle Stall (6 Racks) – North Figueroa Street at Loreto Street, Antigua Coffee House
- Dero Cycle Stall (6 Racks) – Lankshim Boulevard at Magnolia Boulevard, Laemmle Theater NOHO 7
- Dero Cycle Stall (6 Racks) – Willow Street at Mateo, Blue Bottle Coffee
- Dero Cycle Stall (6 Racks) – Larchmont Boulevard south of Beverly, Larchmont Village Wine, Spirits & Cheese
- Dero Cycle Stall (6 Racks) – Colorado Boulevard and Caspar, Core Club LA
- Dero Cycle Stall (6 Racks) – Broxton Avenue south of Weyburn, Westwood Village Improvement Association
- Dero Cycle Stall (6 Racks) – Main Street and 5th, Peddler’s Creamery
- Dero Cycle Stall (6 Racks) – Traction Avenue and Hewitt, The Pie Hole Los Angeles
- Bicycle Corrals Round 3 Expansion
- Deck the corridors with flanks of bicycles: Two new corrals for the holidays
- Just in Time for the Holidays: SHOP – RIDE – NELA and the Colorado Bl Corral
- Modernizing Pilots, Arts District Corral Open for Business
- New Corrals Hit North Figueroa and Lankershim
- More Bicycle Corrals Roll Out
- Atwater Bicycle Corral Open for Business
- Coming Soon: More Bike Corrals!
- Connect with LADOT Bike Corrals on Foursquare
- Bike Corral information document
- Sunset Triangle Bike Corral
- Bike corral pilot expansion
- LA’s First Bike Corral Now Officially Open for Business
- Progress, thy name is “Bike Corral”
- Busy Week: Bike Shops and Bike Corral Grand Opening
- Back from the Dead: Bike Corral on York Boulevard